Home » Why Give » Volunteering
Take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring change right in your own neighborhood. With a mission to put Judeo Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all, our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Board of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and Ocean County
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
People in all age groups benefit mentally, physically and emotionally from volunteering. Join us by contacting Barbara Serpi, Volunteer Coordinator at 732 341 9622 ext 2400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Leadership Team
Y Board of Directors
James Buffum, Chair
Joseph A. LaDuca, CPA, 1st Vice Chair
Jonathan Z. Petro, Esq., 2nd Vice Chair
William J. Campbell, CPA, Treasurer
John N. Ernst, Secretary
Lynne A. Dunn, Esq., 2013 Strong Kids Chair
Ann Marie Baker
Paul Brown, Jr.
David L. Fitzgerald
Andrew J. Gross
James J. Hauenstein
Roger W. Keil
Anne Kraljic, CRPC, CSNA
Christine L. Matus, Esq.
Michael P. Ritacco
Mary Alice Smith
Brian J. Tramontano