Home » Programs » Aquatics » Youth Lessons
POLLIWOG (Ages 6 & up)
This class is designed for the beginner swimmer to focus on their confidence and comfort level in the water.
- Floating on front and back for 10 seconds each
- Introduction to breathe control and rotary breathing
- Major emphasis on proper body position in the water
- Will work on the ability to swim 25 yards of front paddle, 25 yards of back skull without any assistance/ flotation
- Introduction to gliding off the wall in a streamlined position to begin each stroke
GUPPY (Ages 6 & up)
Completed Polliwog, has been evaluated for this level, or can swim 15 yards paddle stroke without flotation on their front and back. Students will become more confident swimming in water that is over their head.
- Work on swimming 15 yards crawl stroke with rotary breathing
- Will also work on the ability to complete 25 yards back flutter kick with controlled breathing
- Introduction to elementary backstroke and proper backstroke arms
- Will work on being able to float for a minute with a combination of front and back float
- Learn the kneeling dive
MINNOW (Ages 6 & up)
Child must have completed the Guppy level, or can perform all the skills covered in the Guppy level.
- Will work on the performing 25 yards of front crawl with proper rotary breathing
- Will be able to tread water for 1 minute with an effective kick
- Introduction to the breaststroke and butterfly kicks
- Learn the standing dive
FISH (Ages 6 & up)
Child must have completed the Minnow level, or can perform all the skills covered in the Minnow level.
- Will work on the ability to properly complete 50 yards of front and back crawl, with coordinated arms and breathing
- Will work on being able to proficiently complete 50 yards of elementary backstroke
- Will work on proper butterfly and breaststroke kicks for 25 yards
- Introduction to butterfly and breaststroke arms
- Will be able to tread water for 3 minutes with an effective kick
SHARK (Ages 6 &up)
Student must be able to properly demonstrate all the skills from the Fish level. The focus of this class will be to refine stroke techniques while building endurance.
- Will work on being able to swim 100 yards of freestyle and backstroke with proper timing
- Increase ability to swim breaststroke and butterfly rhythmically
- Will be able to tread water for 5 minutes with varying kicks
PORPOISE (Ages 6 & up)
Must have completed Shark level skills, or is able to perform all the skills covered in Shark. This class is for the student who loves to swim, but doesn’t have the time to commit to a competitive team.
- Work on competitive stroke technique efficiency, while building endurance
- Will work racing starts, open turns, flip turns, and streamline
- Learn basic lifeguarding skills such a; surface dive, lifesaving medley, entries, reaching and throwing assists, overview of lifesaving equipment, and treading water for 2 minutes with no hands
DIVING PRACTICE CLASS
For the student that needs additional help in learning to dive. Open to youth in Polliwog 2 and above. Three week class.
AQUATIC LEADERS (Ages 13 & up)
Have you completed the Porpoise Program, or are you an Adult who loves to swim? Join our Aquatic Leaders group and learn to teach swim lessons. Volunteers assist with 2 swim classes per week. Call Aquatic Coordinator at 732 341 9622 ext 2277
PRIVATE SWIM LESSON BUNDLE (Ages 6 & Up)
Available to Full Privilege Members by appointment only. Contact Aquatic Coordinator at 732 341 9622 ext 2277 for more information.
4 or 9 half hour lesson bundle packages available.
YOUTH PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS (Ages 6 & up)
For those who need extra attention or would like a one on one session with a Swim Instructor. Call Aquatic Coordinator at 732 341 9622 ext 2277 to arrange a lesson by appointment.
YOUTH SEMI PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS (Ages 6 & up)
This 30 minute program for 2 children with equal swimming skills/level or close in swimming abilities. Call Aquatic Coordinator at 732 341 9622 ext 2277 to arrange a lesson by appointment.